Test Announcement: Candidates interested in preparing for the 2018 Gloucester County “Alternate Route” police academy exam may contact CCS Test Prep® through the CCS website at this link: Exam Prep for Gloucester County Alternate Route. The application period for the competitive “alternate route” process for attending the Gloucester County Police Academy has opened with the application deadline set for Friday, September 14, 2018. The actual exam is scheduled to be administered Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018.
The Gloucester County Police Academy released the following information:
The Alternate Route Program allows civilians to sponsor themselves through the academy and is open to those who have completed ALL of the following:
- 60 College Credits by the end of the Fall 2018 semester from a regionally accredited school with a minimum GPA of 2.00 at the time of application. The 2.00 minimum GPA requirement is applicable to all college students, regardless of the number of credits they have earned at the time of application, OR
- Two years full-time active military service by December 31, 2018. This now may be substituted for the requirement of 60 college
All initial applications must be received by the Gloucester County Police Academy, 1400 Tanyard Road, Sewell, New Jersey, no later than September 14, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. A head and shoulders photograph must be attached to the initial application. Additionally, provide the following attachments:
- If you are an applicant with 60 college credits, provide the academy with your current official transcript. If you won’t achieve your 60 college credits until December 2018, include a transcript showing the credits you have obtained thus far. Note: any remedial credit classes do not count toward the total of 60 college credits. No copies of college degrees will be accepted in lieu of an official transcript.
- If you are an applicant with at least two years full-time active military service, you must attach a copy of your DD214 to your application. If you have college credits in addition to your military experience, provide the academy with a current official transcript as well.
- Guidelines for photographs: Your photograph must be a color photograph taken within the last 60 days. Photographs should not exceed 4″ X 3″ and should be strictly a head and shoulders shot against a plain background. No props or hats are permitted. Applicants should be properly clothed and think of the photo as one to be submitted with a job application.
- $40.00 NON-REFUNDABLE application fee. Applicants must enclose a money order or cashier’s check payable to Gloucester County Police Academy when submitting the application. Personal checks or cash will not be accepted.
Any initial applications without the required attachments will not be accepted and will be returned immediately. Once again, unofficial transcripts are not acceptable, and the required official transcript must accompany your submitted paperwork. The police academy will not accept a transcript mailed to us separately from the rest of the application package, so keep this in mind when ordering transcripts. Have your official transcript sent to you directly, not the police academy. If feasible, it is in your best interest to go directly to your college to pick up your transcript.
After the application deadline, all eligible applicants who return this document with all required attachments will receive an email invitation to participate in phase one of the selection process, the written examination, which will be conducted at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 in a location on campus to be determined. If you do not report for the test, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE THE APPLICATION PROCESS. MAKE-UP TESTS WILL NOT BE GIVEN. Individuals who pass the written test will be invited to take a physical fitness assessment to be held on a Saturday in mid to late October, at 7:30 a.m. More details will follow.
Bear in mind that this is a daytime program costing approximately $1,800 to accepted candidates.
If you have any questions of the Gloucester County Police Academy Alternate Route Program, you should call Sue Rothfuss, Office Manager, or Donna Sentell, Office Assistant, at (856) 415-2266.
The above information from the Gloucester County Police Academy is from the Gloucester County Police Academy website posting. CCS Test Prep® is not involved with the administration of the exam nor is any representative of CCS Test Prep® involved with the selection process. CCS Test Prep® offers exam preparation services for those interested in working to achieve a higher score on the competitive written examination.
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)